Pastoral Care Programme
We’re committed to providing each student with the guidance and support they need to reach their highest potential.
IWS aims to provide students with a safe, supportive, and empowering platform. Our pastoral care system ensures that your child’s personal and social development happens alongside academic advancement.
One-Hour PSHE Lessons
IWS teachers offer one-hour PSHE lessons to KS3 and KS4 students. These lessons cover the following topics:
- Promoting emotional well-being
- Shedding light on common mental health concerns, such as depression and anxiety
- Promoting awareness about unhealthy coping mechanisms, such as eating disorders and self-harm
- Developing healthy coping strategies
- Challenging mental health stigma
- Reframing negative thinking
- Building digital resilience to face the pressures of the online world
A Dedicated Team at Service
Our Pastoral Care Lead at IWS, manages the pastoral team, which includes form tutors and other staff members.
We conduct daily meetings to devise strategies to promote learners’ progress while enhancing their mental and emotional well-being. Our experts look out for incidents to investigate and resolve situations efficiently without delay.
As parents or guardians, you can rest assured that your child will be under the supervision of a qualified and trained tutor. Their year group’s pastoral manager will also be at service to offer support at every step of the way.
From encouraging good attendance and implementing behaviour sanctions and support to helping students deal with family issues or mental health complications, the pastoral manager ensures students feel supported and motivated throughout the learning journey.
Parents and guardians are advised to contact the form tutor or the pastoral team lead if they have any concerns regarding their children’s academic, personal, or social development.